Picnic Shoulder Italian Style
|Smoked picnic shoulder||5 Pound, uncooked (1 whole)|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm)|
|Vinegar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Peel and slice the garlic cloves in fourths lengthwise.
2. Remove skin from the picnic shoulder.
3. Cut vertical slits about 1/2 inch deep in the picnic and insert garlic slices as you remove the knife.
4. Place in a large kettle; then cover meat with water; add the vinegar.
5. Cover; simmer about 1 hour and 40 minutes (20 minutes per pound).
6. Remove meat from broth.
7. Bake in a slow oven (300°) about 50 minutes (10 minutes per pound).
8. Slice the picnic and use to make sandwiches.