|Pasta||1 Pound (of your choice)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||3 , chopped|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), minced (4-5 cloves)|
|Asparagus||1 Pound, chopped|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Pint, halved|
|Frozen sweet peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Zest of lemon||1|
|Basil leaves||15 , chopped|
|Fresh thyme sprig||5 , leaves removed|
|Fresh grated parmesan cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter and oil over medium high heat.
- Add the shallots and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about one minute.
- Stir the asparagus and let it cook, stirring often for 5 minutes or so.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and sweet peas.
- Season with the salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Give it a good stir and let them cook for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the white wine to the pan, scraping up any bits at the bottom and add the lemon zest.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan along with the chopped basil, fresh thyme, and Parmesan. Give it a big mix.
- Serve with some red wine.
Calories 830 Calories from Fat 262
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45.4%
Saturated Fat 11.5 g57.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 44.8 mg14.9%
Sodium 540.1 mg22.5%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g34.9%
Dietary Fiber 9.7 g38.6%
Sugars 12.2 g
Protein 29 g58.8%
Vitamin A 59.8% Vitamin C 71.6%
Calcium 35% Iron 33.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet