Grilled Italian Meatball Sandwich with Pesto Sauce
|Ground pork||1 Pound|
|Ground turkey||1 Pound|
|Ricotta cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (freshly grated)|
|Panko breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flat leaf parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
|Provolone cheese slices||6|
|Fresh pesto sauce||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the grilll for about 30 minutes.
2. Take ground meat in a bowl. Drop in half of the parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, salt, pepper, fresh flat leaf parsley, dried oregano, red pepper flakes, minced garlic, panko crumbs and eggs. Mix everthing well.
3. Shape the meat into balls and flatten them a bit.
4. Drizzle some oil on the island grillstone and olace the meatballs on the stone. Grill it up.
5. Flip after 5 minutes. Cook until the meat reaches 165 F.
6. Toast the buns on the island grill stone.
7. Layer the buns with the provolone cheese slice. Arrange the meat balls on top.
8. Drizzle pesto on top and sprinkle parmesan over the meatball.
9. Slice and serve. Enjoy!
Calories 829 Calories from Fat 465
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g79.7%
Saturated Fat 20.5 g102.5%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 209.9 mg70%
Sodium 969.4 mg40.4%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.9%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 58 g115.7%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 5.1%
Calcium 42.5% Iron 18.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet