Join Joe Borio, host of "Cooking Italian with Joe", as he shares his recipe for a Simple and Delicious Creme Brulee Deep Fried French Toast. This is one of the most delicious styles of french toast you will ever have, made with cream, sugar, egg yolks, vanilla, and nutmeg.
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Pure vanilla extract
2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)
2. Beat egg yolk until frothy.
3. Add sugar and continue to whisk. Gradually add vanilla extract and nutmeg.
4. Now add cream and fold that in until the custard is well mixed.
5. Arrange the ciabatta bread in a baking tray.
6. Pour the custard over the bread. Let it set for at least 1/2 an hour to overnight.
7. Heat oil in a big pot. Bring it up to 350 F.
8. Drop in ciabatta bread one by one into the hot oil.
9. Let the bread cook, flip and cook the other side as well until golden brown.
10. Repeat to get all the bread pieces fried.
11. Place one slice in a serving dish. Cut it into pieces. Dust powdered sugar over toast and serve with maple syrup and strawberries.