|Violets||1 Cup (16 tbs) (in assorted colors)|
|Egg white||1 , lightly beaten|
|Granulated sugar||To Taste (as needed)|
1) Cut each violet with a 1-inch-long stem just before sugaring.
2) With a small craft paintbrush, brush egg white on underside, then top side, of petals until coated.
3) Take a small spoon, hold a violet over bowl, and lightly sprinkle both sides of petals with sugar. Shake off excess and reserving sugar for later use.
4) Place the sugared violets on wire rack on a waxed-paper-covered tray to dry.
5) When violets dry completely, store in single layer in airtight container. Let them dry overnight.
6) USe sugared violets in recipes like chocolate nut torte.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 704 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.05 g0.08%
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 48.1 mg2%
Total Carbohydrates 138 g46.1%
Dietary Fiber 102.9 g411.4%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 37 g74.9%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.2% Iron 26.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet