|Violets||1 Cup (16 tbs) (in assorted colors)|
|Egg white||1 , lightly beaten|
|Granulated sugar||To Taste (as needed)|
1) Cut each violet with a 1-inch-long stem just before sugaring.
2) With a small craft paintbrush, brush egg white on underside, then top side, of petals until coated.
3) Take a small spoon, hold a violet over bowl, and lightly sprinkle both sides of petals with sugar. Shake off excess and reserving sugar for later use.
4) Place the sugared violets on wire rack on a waxed-paper-covered tray to dry.
5) When violets dry completely, store in single layer in airtight container. Let them dry overnight.
6) USe sugared violets in recipes like chocolate nut torte.