|Sifted regular all purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Double-acting baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soft butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , unbeaten|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg white||1 , slightly beaten|
|Chopped pecans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Make at least a day ahead:
1. Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
2. In bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and almond extract. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until well blended.
3. Start heating oven to 400Â°F.
4. Onto ungreased cookie sheets, with cookie press and star-shaped disk, press out dough into 3-inch strips. Brush with egg white; sprinkle with pecans. Repeat until all dough is used.
5. Bake 9 to 11 minutes, or until lightly browned at edges.
6. With broad spatula remove to wire racks to cool. Store in tightly-covered container. Makes 5 dozen.