Make your tea in a professional way
Always use good quality tea. Always use freshly drawn cold water. Warm the pot. If using tea bags, use one bag per person. If using leaf tea, put in one heaping teaspoon per person, plus âone for the pot.â When the water is at boiling point pour onto the tea and leave to infuse for 5-6 minutes. Remove tea leaves or tea bag to stop the infusion. Stir and pour. Add milk first or last depending on taste.
Step by step guidelines for making the perfect tea:
DID YOU KNOW HOW ICED TEA CAME INTO EXISTANCE?
Back in 1904, Americans mostly drank green tea from China. At the St. Louis World's Fair, an Englishman by the name of Richard Blechynden was trying to introduce Americans to the new India and Ceylon black tea. There happened to be a heat wave going on at the time and lines were not forming to try this steamy hot beverage. After a few days of frustration, he tried adding ice to the tea in order to entice people to try it.It was the hit of the fair and a new way of drinking tea had instantly taken hold!Now there are many ways for making good Iced teaIf you want something very quick here is a quick recipie for making the perfect Iced tea:
- To brew a quart, place either 4 to 5 bags or teaspoons of loose tea in a pitcher.
- Bring 2 cups of cold, tap water or filtered water to a boil.
- Pour the boiling water directly over the tea and steep for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags or strain and then add 2 more cups of cold water. Serve over ice.
Here is a step by step traditional way yet a correct way of making the perfect Iced tea:
- Brew the tea for 4 to 6 minutes in the normal way, then pour through a strainer into a heat resistant jug. (If tea bags are used, they should be removed.)
- Let the tea stand until it reaches room temperature (about an hour). If fine tea is put into the refrigerator, it will turn cloudy. This is a characteristic unique to high quality teas. It does not affect the taste.
- Pour the tea into a glass half filled with ice and stir to mix the melting ice with the tea liquor. Sugar will enhance fruity or flowery flavored teas. A slice of lemon or a sprig of mint adds a bit of refreshing flavor and makes the drink look even more appealing.
- For the best flavor, drink iced tea within 6 hours of preparation.
IMPORTANT TIP FOR MAKING THE PERFECT ICED TEA:
OTHER WIERD THOUGH INTERESTING WAY OF MAKING ICED TEA:
Sun Brewed Iced Tea: -Fill a container with 4 cups of cold water, preferably filtered. Place 6 bags or 6 teaspoons of tea and cover or cap lightly. Place in direct sunlight for 2 to 4 hours (depending on desired strength). Remove bags or strain and serve over ice. Cold Water Method: -
Fill a container with 4 cups of cold water, preferably filtered. Place 6 bags or 6 teaspoons of tea and cover or cap lightly. Place in the refrigerator for 8 hours. Remove bags or strain and serve over ice.
I hope all of you there must have found this piece of information handy and useful in everyday life.It gives me immense pleasure sharing my knowledge with you all lovely people.Please let me know if you found this blog interesting.And if you have something different and interesting blogs relating to this topic please post it.Have fun.
By - Sherin Thomas