Eucalyptus Tea is one of the common variants of flavored tea. If you are familiar with herbal remedies, you would have come across eucalyptus oil. Eucalyptus oil is a popular herbal medicine, known for its de-clogging properties and is widely used to treat common colds and multiple common ailments. The oil is also used in aromatherapy very often. The marrying together of eucalyptus and tea is very effective as a home remedy for certain ailments as it brings relif to bothering symptoms.
Eucalyptus belongs to the flowering trees and shrubs genus of the family of myrtaceae. It is found in abundance in India, Indonesia, Philippines, Papua New Guinea, Australia, China, Africa, the Middle East, and Americas. Perhaps no other plant on earth grows as fast as the eucalyptus trees, and as tall. They are often termed as the world’s tallest trees.
Although a home herbal remedy, it’s not to be administered orally. To make eucalyptus tea, you will need a leaf of the eucalyptus tea, finely chopped into pieces. You can brew tea using these pieces and let the brew stand for about 5 – 7 minutes before consumption.
Health benefits of eucalyptus tea
- If you are someone with respiratory problems, eucalyptus tea will be beneficial in your case. It fights against chest infections and unclogs a congested chest due to phlegm. It’s also effective against chronic cough, cold, asthma, and bronchitis.
- This is not the best thing to do, but if you gargle with eucalyptus tea, your throat infections will fly away in a jiffy. It will also work as a great antiseptic mouthwash.
- After brewing the tea, when it’s still hot, inhale the hot vapor. This will unclog your blocked nose and helps in discharging the mucus.
- Regular consumption of eucalyptus tea will kill your intestinal germs, thanks to its anti-bacterial and anti-parasitic properties.
- Do you have painful mouth sore or nagging mouth ulcer? Drink a cup of eucalyptus tea regularly for a week. It helps cure your sores and leave you with healthy gums.
- Eucalyptus tea sipping is also considered effective in bringing down high fever and it is recommended by herbal practitioners widely.
Image Credit: susansoaps.com