How To Use Chia Seeds
Here is the answer for the question, how you can use Chia seeds? The small black and white seeds which used to be a common ingredient used by the Ancient South American tribes and was a staple in their diet. Include Chia seeds in your daily diet and cooking to reap the health benefits that this super food offers. Chia seeds are often compared to flax seeds but are actually healthier. They are rich in protein, omega 3, fiber, calcium, iron, potassium and antioxidants.
Now that you know about the great nutritive value of chia seeds, it is more important for you to know how you can include this super food in your diet. It is actually quite simple because Chia seeds do not have a very nutty or strong flavor like many other seeds like flax and sesame have. Chia seeds have a subtle flavor and can be easily incorporated in your diet by adding them in your food and drinks to give you excellent nutritive and health benefits.
Here are some ways to use Chia Seeds in your daily diet.
- Add chia seeds to your drinking water, milk, tea, coffee or any beverage that you have everyday. Make a wonderful smoothie or milkshake. After adding them to your drink, let the seeds soak for a while.
- If you let the chia seeds soak for a longer time, say overnight, you will get a chia gel which you can store in an airtight container and eat later with a spoon. The gel will taste like your beverage. It is common way to eat chia seeds. Soak the seeds in water for about 10 minutes and see the seeds quickly absorb the water to turn into a gel and you can use this to make desserts.
- Sprinkle chia on or into your food. Increase the nutritive value of any food by throwing in some Chia seeds. You can add the seeds to salads, soups, gravies, dips or sauces. Crumb your steaks and meats with Chia. Sprinkle them while you sauté your veggies or toss them in your rice. Chia seeds do not have an overpowering taste and you won’t even know they are in your food.
- You can eat the seeds raw as they are; they are crunchy and will prevent you from snacking because they have a high fiber content .The seeds are available at any store selling whole grains and nutritive foods.
- You can use the flour in baking, while making biscuits, cookies or cakes, bread or any bakery item. The seeds are gluten free and add crunch. They do not affect the texture of your bakes goods.
Start using Chia seeds and including them in your daily foods and your body will soon feel the benefits of these super seeds.
Image Courtesy - thepheffect.com