How To Use Wild Mushrooms At Home
Use wild mushrooms this New Year at home for some amazingly delightful recipes.
Wild Mushroom Soup
It’s yummy, it’s easy and it is one of the best wild mushroom recipe ideas.
• Thickly sliced wild mushrooms 2 pounds
• Chopped tarragon 1 tbsp.
• Finely chopped celery with leaves 2 stalks
• Salt 1 tsp.
• White pepper 1 tsp.
• Harvey's Bristol Cream sherry 2 cups
• Chicken or vegetable stock 3 pints
• Heavy cream 1 pint
• Butter 3 tbsp.
• Flour 2 tbsp.
• Crumble onion and celery in food processor.
• On a medium heat, cook it with butter or oil, until tender.
• Put mushrooms and stir for 2 minutes.
• Add tarragon, salt and pepper to taste.
• Cook for about 15 minutes.
• De-glaze with sherry and cook until mushrooms have absorbed all the sherry.
• Add cream and stock.
• Turn the heat high and bring to a boil.
• Heat the remaining butter in a small pan.
• Beat in flour and continue to whisk until smooth.
• Add the beaten flour to soup
• Stir till the soup and flour blends.
• Simmer for 20 minutes on a low heat.
The delicious Wild Mushroom soup is ready to be served.
Wild mushroom Fondue- Feast your taste buds with this special fondue.
• Grated raclette, 1 pound
• All-purpose flour 1 tsp.
• Olive oil 2 tbsp.
• Finely chopped wild mushrooms 2 cups
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Rhone-style white wine 1 cup
• Put flour in a bowl and toss with cheese.
• Heat oil in the fondue pot until it smokes.
• Add mushrooms and stir.
• Add salt and pepper as per your taste.
• Let the mushroom cook for 5-7 minutes.
• Add wine till the boil comes.
• On a low flam, add the cheese mixture to it.
• Serve immediately
Wild mushroom omelet
Bored of eating the regular cheese onion omelet. Here is something delicious for you.
Ingredients Serves 4
• 1/2 pound fresh wild mushrooms
• 12 eggs
• 1 large shallot, chopped
• 1 tbsp. Madeira wine
• 4 tbsp. Unsalted butter
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
• 2 tsp. olive oil
• 2 tbsp. water
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Wash the mushrooms and slice thickly.
• Heat the oil in a pan.
• Add shallot and sauté until it begins to soften,
• Add mushrooms and put the flame on high.
• Stir for 5 minutes.
• Add Madeira and cook until liquid evaporates.
• Add salt and pepper.
• Keep it aside.
• Whisk 3 eggs in a bowl.
• Add 1 1/2 tsps. water and pepper.
• Blend it well.
• On an omelet pan, heat I tsp. butter.
• Put eggs in the pan.
• Spread them well by moving the pan.
• Put mushroom mixture into center of eggs.
• Sprinkle 1/4 of the cheese over all, and cook for about 10 seconds.
• The cheese wild mushroom omelet is ready to be served.
So what are you waiting for? Enjoy your meals by using wild mushrooms in your recipes.
Image credit- whatscookingamerica.net