Top 10 Vegan Lunches For You
Vegetarian meals are healthy, delicious yet cheaper as it offers a combination of good nutrition as well as fine flavor. Here are top 10 vegan lunches for you.
1. Vegan Gluten-Free Recipes: The gluten-free eaters must try Southwestern Bean and Corn Salad, made of black beans, lime juice and bell peppers, as part of their lunch menu. Another vegan lunch idea could be Lenti Shepherd's Pie where lentils are used instead of meat. You can also make healthy mayonnaise-free and gluten-free potato salad with the addition of lots of nutritious vegetables.
2. Low-Calorie Vegetarian: Vegan or vegetarian meals do not mean healthy always. But you can make low-calorie lunches like Mushroom Fajitas or Chinese style broccoli in garlic sauce. Fulfilling your fiber need, the Vegetarian Mexican Bulgur Wheat recipe with red bell pepper, chili powder and cumin can be delicious and awesome.
3. Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew: The type of stew can also be a great lunch meal idea. You can also make protein-packed stews like Sweet Potato and Tempeh for your lunch.
4. Barbecue Recipes: Vegan barbecue recipes like Garlicky Grilled New Potatoes are tasty yet simple to make. It can be served as a side dish with main lunch meal on a hot summer night. You can also grill stuffed Chili Rellenos or Green Bell Peppers.
5. Fat-Free Vegan Recipes: Curried Split Pea and Potato Soup is an all-time favorite of health conscious people.Curried split pea served with potato soup with lots of carrots and celery, tops it up. You can also fill your house with the aroma of Indian spices by preparing Indian Vegetable Curry.
6. Spring Rolls: You can also stuff all kinds of vegetables and even tofu in your spring rolls. Vegetable and Mint Summer Rolls with Spicy Peanut Sauce are a great lunch menu idea.
7. Vegan Pasta Recipes: Artichoke Pasta is a great lunch choice. Keep it for special occasions if you are a bit health conscious. Dress the dish with mushroom and sun-dried tomatoes. Vegetarian Olive and Feta Pasta can fulfill your fiber and protein intake of the day. Kids love its taste and it’s nutritious too.
8. Cajun and Creole Vegetarian Recipes: Bring the taste of old south into your kitchen and make a Louisiana vegetarian vegetable gumbo recipe at home. Also try Vegan jambalaya recipe. It tastes great when served with rice. Cajun-style collard greens can be a nutritious yet tasty lunch option. Dress it with tomatoes and spice it nicely for great tastes. Use lots of Creole seasoning and top it with fresh parsley leaves in Creole-style rice recipe.
9. Noodles: Japanese buckwheat noodles, also called Soba, are great meals one can serve during lunch-time. You can also saute noodles with green vegetables, tofu and sauce and then toss them together before eating.
10. Vegetarian Sandwiches and Wraps: Include Greek Feta Tortilla Sandwich Wrap in your lunch menu as this healthy sandwich is wrapped up in a whole-wheat flour tortilla with feta cheese inspired by Greek cooking flavors. You can also mash chickpea salad and make healthy vegetarian sandwich similar to a tuna sandwich. Use a spread made of Great Northern beans and fresh herbs on the vegan sandwich to make it a nutritious high-protein mid-day meal. An ordinary grilled cheese sandwich can be transformed into delicious Grilled Camembert Panini Sandwich.