|Beets||6 Pound, peeled|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Lemons||4 Large, juice and grated peel|
|Fresh ginger||1⁄4 Pound, scraped and sliced|
|Shelled filberts/Almonds||1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
1. Coarsely chop raw beets through a food chopper with a coarse blade.
2. Transfer into a saucepan and cover with water.
3. Keep over heat and cook gently for 15 minutes.
4. Stir in sugar, lemon juice, grated lemon peel, and ginger.
5. Cook over low heat for 1 hour.
6. Add filberts during last 10 minutes.
7. Transfer boiling hot beets into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/8 inch head space.
8. Seal with caps immediately.
9. Serve as desired.
Calories 1111 Calories from Fat 151
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.2%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 268.4 mg11.2%
Total Carbohydrates 244 g81.3%
Dietary Fiber 14.5 g57.9%
Sugars 224 g
Protein 10 g19.7%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 85.9%
Calcium 12% Iron 22.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet