|Beets||6 Pound, peeled|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Lemons||4 Large, juice and grated peel|
|Fresh ginger||1⁄4 Pound, scraped and sliced|
|Shelled filberts/Almonds||1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
1. Coarsely chop raw beets through a food chopper with a coarse blade.
2. Transfer into a saucepan and cover with water.
3. Keep over heat and cook gently for 15 minutes.
4. Stir in sugar, lemon juice, grated lemon peel, and ginger.
5. Cook over low heat for 1 hour.
6. Add filberts during last 10 minutes.
7. Transfer boiling hot beets into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/8 inch head space.
8. Seal with caps immediately.
9. Serve as desired.