1. Remove stems and tails from gooseberries; wash.
2. In a food chopper, process gooseberries.
3. In a large saucepan, place gooseberries and bring to a boil.
4. Stir in sugar and bring again to a boil with constant stirring.
5. Stir in candy orange slices and cook with constant stirring until mixture is thick and of desired consistency.
6. Remove pan from heat and skim.
7. Stir in walnuts.
8. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
9. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
10. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
11. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
12. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.