|Concord grapes||5 Pound, stemmed (8 cups)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Seeded raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Slip skins from washed grapes and reserve skin.
2. In a large kettle, put skins and add water; gently simmer for 20 minutes.
3. In a small kettle, place grape pulp and cook until pulp is soft and loosens seeds.
4. Using a sieve, separate pulp and seeds.
5. Add pulp to the skin in the large kettle.
6. Peel oranges and remove all white membranes; cut into thin slices discarding seeds.
7. Cut orange peel into fine slivers.
8. Into the large kettle, stir in orange peel and slices, raisins and sugar; bring to a boil over high heat and cook until jellying point.
9. Stir in nuts and salt; bring mixture to boiling.
10. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
11. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
12. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
13. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
14. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
15. Serve Grape Conserve with bread.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7669 Calories from Fat 703
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 79 g121.3%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g36.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 549.6 mg22.9%
Total Carbohydrates 1801 g600.4%
Dietary Fiber 46.3 g185.4%
Sugars 1685.6 g
Protein 43 g87%
Vitamin A 44.2% Vitamin C 653.7%
Calcium 54.3% Iron 88%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet