|Strawberries||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Hulled)|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. In a large bowl, mix together berries and sugar; let stand for 10 minutes until juices start to flow.
2. In a 4 quart kettle, boil berry mixture with constant stirring until sugar dissolve.
3. Boil for another 3 minutes until berries are soft.
4. Remove kettle from heat and let stand overnight for cooling.
5. Next day, heat the mixture to boil and boil for 1 minute.
6. Remove pan from heat, cover and let stand for 2 minutes.
7. Gently stir for 5 minutes; skim top if required.
8. Into hot sterilized jars, pour mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
9. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
10. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
11. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
12. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
13. Serve Strawberry Preserves over cakes or desserts.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2546 Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.2%
Saturated Fat 0.11 g0.53%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 7 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 654 g217.9%
Dietary Fiber 14 g56.1%
Sugars 633.8 g
Protein 5 g9.4%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 687.7%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 16.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet