|Strawberries||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Hulled)|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. In a large bowl, mix together berries and sugar; let stand for 10 minutes until juices start to flow.
2. In a 4 quart kettle, boil berry mixture with constant stirring until sugar dissolve.
3. Boil for another 3 minutes until berries are soft.
4. Remove kettle from heat and let stand overnight for cooling.
5. Next day, heat the mixture to boil and boil for 1 minute.
6. Remove pan from heat, cover and let stand for 2 minutes.
7. Gently stir for 5 minutes; skim top if required.
8. Into hot sterilized jars, pour mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
9. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
10. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
11. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
12. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
13. Serve Strawberry Preserves over cakes or desserts.