Savory Plum Conserve
|Italian plums||4 Pound, halved and pitted (Small Sized)|
|Onion||1 Medium, slivered|
|Light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Packed)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange||1 , juice extracted|
|Cinnamon sticks||6 Inch (2 Sticks, Each 3 Inches Long)|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon (Best Quality)|
|Cumin||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Allspice||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
1. In a large heavy pot, put together all the ingredients.
2. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat.
3. Simmer uncovered for 1 hour; slightly mash the plums with the back of a spoon.
4. Stir occasionally.
5. Keep aside for cooling to room temperature.
6. Keep in a covered container and refrigerate.
7. Serve with sandwiches.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2177 Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.5%
Saturated Fat 0.5 g2.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 36.9 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 517 g172.2%
Dietary Fiber 20.2 g80.8%
Sugars 225.2 g
Protein 20 g40.9%
Vitamin A 11.1% Vitamin C 150.9%
Calcium 41% Iron 41.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet