|Dried apricots||1⁄4 Pound|
|Pineapple||1 Can (10 oz) (Drained With Juice Reserved & Crushed)|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) Soak the apricots in 1 3/4 cups water as per package directions.
2) Cook apricots over low heat until tender and soft. Mash to form pulp.
3) Add enough water to reserved pineapple juice to equal about 1/4 cup liquid.
4) Take a saucepan and combine in it apricots, raisins, pineapple, lemon juice and rind.
5) Add pecans, sugar and pineapple liquid.
6) Cook for about 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently.
7) Pour Apricot Conserve in hot sterilized jars and seal nicely.