|Water||6 Fluid Ounce (175 Milliliter)|
|Malt extract||3⁄4 Tablespoon (1 Dessertspoon)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Tablespoon (1 Dessertspoon)|
|Citric acid||1 Pinch|
|Yeast nutrient||1 Pinch|
1. Wash and dry a 300ml or ½ pint soda bottle.
2. In a saucepan, combine water, malt extract, sugar and citric acid.
3. Place the pan on a medium flame and bring to a boil.
4. Take pan off the heat and cool slightly before pouring it into the soda bottle.
5. Plug the bottle neck with a cork or cotton wool and cool to room temperature.
6. Unplug and add yeast to the bottle and re-plug.
7. Store bottle in a warm place for 3-4 days before the yeast starter is used.