Pear Pineapple Conserve
|Firm ripe pears||3 Pound (Use 8 Large Fruit)|
|Canned crushed pineapple||1 Cup (16 tbs), undrained|
|Sugar||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Yellow food coloring||3 Drop|
|Red food coloring||3 Drop|
1) Peel, core, slice the pears and process through a fine blade of food chopper.
2) In a kettle, combine the pears with the pineapple and sugar.
3) Allow to boil and simmer without the lid for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally or until thick.
4) Add a few drops each of red and yellow coloring and mix well.
5) Spoon the conserve into hot sterilized jars, seal and label.
6) Use as required.
Calories 1204 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.41 g0.63%
Saturated Fat 0.02 g0.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3.4 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 312 g104.1%
Dietary Fiber 11.2 g44.6%
Sugars 292.3 g
Protein 1 g2.8%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C 23.8%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet