Pear Pineapple Conserve
|Firm ripe pears||3 Pound (Use 8 Large Fruit)|
|Canned crushed pineapple||1 Cup (16 tbs), undrained|
|Sugar||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Yellow food coloring||3 Drop|
|Red food coloring||3 Drop|
1) Peel, core, slice the pears and process through a fine blade of food chopper.
2) In a kettle, combine the pears with the pineapple and sugar.
3) Allow to boil and simmer without the lid for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally or until thick.
4) Add a few drops each of red and yellow coloring and mix well.
5) Spoon the conserve into hot sterilized jars, seal and label.
6) Use as required.