|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Granulated sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Maraschino cherries||10 , finely chopped|
1. With a sharp knife, cut unpeeled oranges into thin slices, 1/4-inch (5-mm) thick. Place in bowl, measure depth, and pour double the amount of water over slices. Let stand overnight at room temperature.
2. Pour oranges and water into a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook about 20 minutes, or until almost dry.
3. Blanch, peel and coarsely chop peaches. Sprinkle lemon juice over peaches, add them to saucepan, bring to a boil; stir in sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 1 1/2 hours, or until mixture sheets from a spoon.
4. Stir in cherries. Allow to boil 1 minute.
5. Ladle into sterilized jars. Seal with self-sealing lids. Label and store in a cool, dry, dark place.