|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Granulated sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Maraschino cherries||10 , finely chopped|
1. With a sharp knife, cut unpeeled oranges into thin slices, 1/4-inch (5-mm) thick. Place in bowl, measure depth, and pour double the amount of water over slices. Let stand overnight at room temperature.
2. Pour oranges and water into a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook about 20 minutes, or until almost dry.
3. Blanch, peel and coarsely chop peaches. Sprinkle lemon juice over peaches, add them to saucepan, bring to a boil; stir in sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 1 1/2 hours, or until mixture sheets from a spoon.
4. Stir in cherries. Allow to boil 1 minute.
5. Ladle into sterilized jars. Seal with self-sealing lids. Label and store in a cool, dry, dark place.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2700 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.6%
Saturated Fat 0.37 g1.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2.9 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 695 g231.7%
Dietary Fiber 31 g124%
Sugars 662.1 g
Protein 15 g30.1%
Vitamin A 103.6% Vitamin C 425.3%
Calcium 26.8% Iron 23.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet