Typical Chinese Yeast Dough
|All purpose flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||5 Milliliter (1 teaspoon)|
|Lukewarm water||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
|Sugar||3 1⁄4 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||2 Milliliter (1/2 teaspoon)|
1. Combine 3 cups flour and lard in a large mixing bowl. Mix well with clean hands.
2. In a separate bowl, combine yeast, sugar, 1/2 cup lukewarm waster and remaining flour. Mix well.
3. Add yeast mixture to the flour-lard mixture. Blend well and slowly add the remaining 1/2 cup water. Knead for a few minutes until smooth.
4. Cover bowl with a damp towel and let rise in a warm area (78-82°F or 26-28°C) for 13/4-2 hours or until double in bulk.
5. Punch center of the risen dough; transfer to floured surface and sprinkle with baking powder. Knead for a few minutes until smooth. If necessary, sprinkle extra flour while kneading.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1977 Calories from Fat 218
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.7%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19 mg6.3%
Sodium 179.1 mg7.5%
Total Carbohydrates 385 g128.3%
Dietary Fiber 12.9 g51.5%
Sugars 49.9 g
Protein 47 g94.2%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.02%
Calcium 22.4% Iron 118.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet