Typical Chinese Yeast Dough
|All purpose flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||5 Milliliter (1 teaspoon)|
|Lukewarm water||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
|Sugar||3 1⁄4 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||2 Milliliter (1/2 teaspoon)|
1. Combine 3 cups flour and lard in a large mixing bowl. Mix well with clean hands.
2. In a separate bowl, combine yeast, sugar, 1/2 cup lukewarm waster and remaining flour. Mix well.
3. Add yeast mixture to the flour-lard mixture. Blend well and slowly add the remaining 1/2 cup water. Knead for a few minutes until smooth.
4. Cover bowl with a damp towel and let rise in a warm area (78-82°F or 26-28°C) for 13/4-2 hours or until double in bulk.
5. Punch center of the risen dough; transfer to floured surface and sprinkle with baking powder. Knead for a few minutes until smooth. If necessary, sprinkle extra flour while kneading.