Yeast Raised Whole Wheat Doughnuts
|Active dry yeast||2 Tablespoon|
|Lukewarm water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , well beaten|
|Non-fat dry milk powder||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs), sifted (Approximately)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. Sprinkle the yeast over 1/2 cup water and stir in the sugar. Set aside for 10 minutes, or until the yeast is bubbling actively.
2. Stir in the remaining water, the honey, oil, eggs, salt, and dry milk. Mix well. Stir in enough of the sifted flour to make a soft dough. Let stand for 10 minutes.
3. Turn out onto a floured board and knead until the dough is smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Put in a clean oiled bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled in bulk, about 40 minutes.
4. Roll out the dough to a 1/2-inch thickness and cut with a doughnut cutter. Place the rings well apart on a lightly floured baking sheet.
5. Cover and let rise in a warm place until almost doubled in bulk.
6. Meanwhile, heat the oil to 375 degrees. Fry the doughnuts, a few at a time, until golden, turning once. Drain on paper towels, and sugar-coat if desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3577 Calories from Fat 1113
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 126 g194.2%
Saturated Fat 19.6 g97.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 644.2 mg214.7%
Sodium 1936.8 mg80.7%
Total Carbohydrates 531 g177.1%
Dietary Fiber 77.8 g311.3%
Sugars 95.7 g
Protein 125 g250.8%
Vitamin A 15.7% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 80.2% Iron 170.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet