Chunky Strawberry Preserve
|Hot water||1 Quart|
|Frozen whole strawberries/2 quarts fresh strawberries||32 Ounce, rinsed and hulled (Two 16 Ounce Packages)|
|Sugar||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Liquid fruit pectin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
1. Put hot water into a 2-quart glass measuring pitcher. Heat in microwave oven to boiling (8 to 9 minutes at High).
2. Spread berries in a single layer in a 15 1/2xl0 1/2xl-inch jelly-roll pan. Pour boiling water over strawberries. Let stand in boiling water
2 minutes. Drain berries. Put drained berries into a 4-quart glass bowl. Add 4 cups sugar; combine well.
3. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 20 to 22 minutes at High, or
until mixture bubbles all over; stir 3 times.
4. Stir in remaining sugar. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 5 to 6 1/2 minutes at High, or until mixture bubbles all over. Let mixture boil 2 1/2 minutes at High.
5. Remove from oven. Stir in pectin. Pour preserves into a 13x9x2-inch pan. Skim off foam with a metal spoon. Let stand uncovered overnight.
6. Spoon preserves into hot sterilized jars; cover. Store in refrigerator.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4970 Calories from Fat 8
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.5%
Saturated Fat 0.05 g0.27%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 65.4 mg2.7%
Total Carbohydrates 1284 g428.1%
Dietary Fiber 20.8 g83.3%
Sugars 1240.3 g
Protein 4 g7.8%
Vitamin A 8.2% Vitamin C 622.9%
Calcium 18.6% Iron 38.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet