Gavar sabji, also called as gavar phali ki sabji is a North Indian curry made of cluster beans. Gavar is also spelled as guar or gawar.
Ingredients and Preparation
Cluster bean is the main ingredient for making gavar sabji. Indian spices like cumin, turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander seed powder and raw mango powder. Other ingredients like onion, tomato, potatoes can also be added to enhance the flavor.
Gavar sabji is served with hot rotis and chapatti.
· Aloo gavar ki sabji is made popularly in India.
· Gavar dhokli is made by with gavar beans and dumplings of spiced flour.
· Meethi gavar phali is made by adding jaggery or sugar to the spiced dry curry.
· Guar poriyal is made in a south Indian way along with coconut.
Health and Nutrition Facts
Serving size – 1 bowl
Calories – 85 cal, Fat – 2 g, Protein – 3 g, Carbohydrates – 11 g, Fiber – 3 g.
· Gavar sabji is low in calories and fat. It is a very good source of fiber.
· It is rich in soluble fiber which has a laxative effect. It also helps to keep the gastro intestinal tract healthy.
· It has a cholesterol lowering effect on the body.
· Gavar beans have been known to have a hypoglycemic effect on the body. It helps to lower the blood glucose levels and control diabetes.