This Tahira's Chicken Karai is has a scrumptious taste and very easy to cook. Can be enjoyed best with the Pilau Rice.
1 Kilogram, cubed
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 Medium, quartered
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), warmed
3 Medium, slit lengthwise
2 Teaspoon, finely chopped
2 Teaspoon, crushed
Garam masala powder
Red chili powder
1.To marinate the chicken, add in the lemon juice, fresh garlic, garam masala, tumeric, chili powder, cumin powder and fresh coriander, mix well to coat the chicken and leave for an hour.
2. In a pan, saute the green chillies and the onion in olive oil for about 5 minutes.
3. Remove and keep aside.
4. Now put the marinated chicken in the pan and fry until cooked or tender.
5. Add some more oil if it starts to stick to the pan.
6. Stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and water. Stir well.
7. Simmer for a while and add the sauted onion and green chillies.
8. Simmer covered on a low heat for further 5-10 minutes.
9. Serve the dish on a plate of brown rice or steamed rice and garnish with chopped spring onions or coriander.
10. You can also serve the Karai Chicken with parathas, naan or roti and accompany with fresh salad vegetables.
Want to try a delicious chicken preparation which can be made within 20 minutes, try this Spicy chicken karai. It requires marinating the chicken in Indian spices. This video provides a step-by-step instruction for it. Go ahead and indulge your taste buds!