Try out Tahira's Red Lentil Curry with a fabulous taste, join her in her kitchen and see how she makes it.
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (masoor dal)
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
1 Medium, crushed
Ginger garlic paste
1 Teaspoon, crushed
Fresh coriander leaves
2 Teaspoon, finely chopped
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
1 Medium, finely chopped
1. Wash the lentils in cold water and soak until required.
2. In a pan, add oil , saute the ginger, garlic and onions until golden brown.
3. Add the crushed tomatoes, the tomato paste, all the spices and mix well.
4. Add 1/2 cup of hot water and stir well.
5. Drain the lentils and stir into the pan.
6. Add another 1/2 cup of hot water, mix well and simmer covered on a medium to low heat for 15-20 minutes.
7. Serve the dish with white boiled or steamed rice or rotis, garnished with cut tomatoes and chopped corriander if you like.
Here is a rich curry, which can be prepared in minutes! Check out Masoor dal. A very common dish in Indian households, this recipe is quick and easy to prepare. This is served with cooked rice. Add a vegetable dish to it and you get a complete meal.