Plain yogurt/1/2 cup yogurt and 1/2 cup sour creme
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Cut all the vegetables lengthwise of "1 thickness.
2. Cook the vegetables with 1/2 cup water,salt,turmeric,green chillies, curry leaves and oil.
3.Grind together the coconut ,cumin,green chillies,onion. Use a little bit of water to grind easily.ou can also use yogurt instead of water
4. Make a coarse form. Do not make a paste.
5. Once the vegetables are cooked ,add the ground paste and yogurt.
6. Mix well and make sure all the vegetables are coated with coconut mixture.
7. Cook for a minute until it is heated all the way through. Turn off the stove and remove from heat.
8. Season with 1 tsp coconut oil and curry leaves.
9. Serve hot with rice.
Looking for an awesome and healthy dish which goes well with rice? Try this Aviyal. This is a traditional recipe from India and uses vegetables and coconut with Indian spices to prepare an interesting and tasty dish. It tastes best when served hot.