Plain yogurt/1/2 cup yogurt and 1/2 cup sour creme
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Cut all the vegetables lengthwise of "1 thickness.
2. Cook the vegetables with 1/2 cup water,salt,turmeric,green chillies, curry leaves and oil.
3.Grind together the coconut ,cumin,green chillies,onion. Use a little bit of water to grind easily.ou can also use yogurt instead of water
4. Make a coarse form. Do not make a paste.
5. Once the vegetables are cooked ,add the ground paste and yogurt.
6. Mix well and make sure all the vegetables are coated with coconut mixture.
7. Cook for a minute until it is heated all the way through. Turn off the stove and remove from heat.
8. Season with 1 tsp coconut oil and curry leaves.
9. Serve hot with rice.
Looking for an awesome and healthy dish which goes well with rice? Try this Aviyal. This is a traditional recipe from India and uses vegetables and coconut with Indian spices to prepare an interesting and tasty dish. It tastes best when served hot.
Aviyal Recipe Video, Indian Coconut And Vegetable Stew