|Mixed vegetables/Green plantain,elephant yam,carrots,drumsticks,potatoes,snake guard,beans,pumpkin||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fresh coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pearl onions/Few pieces of red onions||4|
|Plain yogurt/1/2 cup yogurt and 1/2 cup sour creme||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coconut oil||1 Teaspoon|
1. Cut all the vegetables lengthwise of "1 thickness.
2. Cook the vegetables with 1/2 cup water,salt,turmeric,green chillies, curry leaves and oil.
3.Grind together the coconut ,cumin,green chillies,onion. Use a little bit of water to grind easily.ou can also use yogurt instead of water
4. Make a coarse form. Do not make a paste.
5. Once the vegetables are cooked ,add the ground paste and yogurt.
6. Mix well and make sure all the vegetables are coated with coconut mixture.
7. Cook for a minute until it is heated all the way through. Turn off the stove and remove from heat.
8. Season with 1 tsp coconut oil and curry leaves.
9. Serve hot with rice.
For more information please visit: http://www.trynewfood.blogspot.com
Calories 310 Calories from Fat 97
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.5%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.3 mg2.4%
Sodium 89 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.4%
Sugars 15.9 g
Protein 8 g16.9%
Vitamin A 64.5% Vitamin C 76.5%
Calcium 14.3% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet