Cabbage Thoran For Sandya
|Cabbage||250 Gram, finely shredded|
|Coconut oil||100 Milliliter|
|Mustard seeds||25 Gram|
|Onions||6 Small (Sambhar Onion)|
|Green chilies||6 , slit lengthwise|
|Coconut||150 Gram, shredded|
1. In a blender, grind coconut, onions and chillis without any water. Remove an keep it ready.
2. Heat a saucepan with coconut oil. When oil reaches hazing point, add mustard seeds and curry leaves. Temper for 1 minute.
3. Now add in the ground coconut-onion-chilli mixture to it. Sauté for 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Add in the shredded cabbage and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes more.
5. Season with salt.
6. Serve as a part of the traditional Onam meal.
Calories 477 Calories from Fat 339
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.2%
Saturated Fat 33 g165%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 124.9 mg5.2%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g37.9%
Sugars 13.4 g
Protein 6 g12.1%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 124.4%
Calcium 11% Iron 16.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet