How To Make Malabar Ghee Rice
|Basmati rice||500 Gram|
|Onion||100 Gram, chopped|
|Carrot||4 , chopped|
|Pineapple||50 Gram, chopped|
|Cashew nuts||50 Gram|
|Dalda/Ghee||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1. In a pan and put 2 teaspoons of dalda and melt it. Add cashew nuts and raisins and lightly fry them. Set aside.
2. Remove them from the heat and transfer to a bowl.
3. In the same pan, add 1 tablespoon of dalda and add onions. Make them little brown and keep aside.
4. In a pressure cooker and put 1 tablespoon of dalda and melt it.
5. Add in the fried onions and stir well.
6. Stir in carrots and pineapple. Add cardamom, pepper, jeera and mix well.
7. Pour water and stir well using a spatula. Add salt and curry leaves.
8. Add in the rice and stir well.
9. Close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook for 15 minutes until you get 3 whistles.
10. Transfer the ghee rice to a serving plate, Garnish with the fried cashews and raisins.
11. Serve the Ghee Rice with curd salad and pickle.
Calories 720 Calories from Fat 148
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.4%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.6%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 203.5 mg8.5%
Total Carbohydrates 128 g42.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.2%
Sugars 13.9 g
Protein 14 g27.6%
Vitamin A 205.2% Vitamin C 21.3%
Calcium 13.4% Iron 31.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet