|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Sift all purpose flour and salt. Add 1/2 tbsp oil. Knead lightly. Add water and knead well till becomes soft. Water should be added gradually. Keep aside covered for about 20 minutes.
2. Divide into about 20 portions. Roll out each portion into a round size of about four inch diameter.
3. Heat oil to very hot in a deep frying pan. Fry one at a time with light tapping so that it puffs, turn over till light golden. Drain and remove.
4. Serve hot with any curry or can be taken as it is.
5. Note:-Important points to note are - kneading and frying. Too much kneading with oil will make very crunchy luchis. But luchis should be soft and puffed. Oil should be very hot otherwise it will not puff. It takes only about 30 to 35 seconds for each luchi to puff up. Can be made with whole wheat flour (atta), then it is called Poori. Can also be made with equal proportion of Maida and atta.
Calories 1066 Calories from Fat 844
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 95 g146.9%
Saturated Fat 13.6 g67.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 243.5 mg10.1%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 6 g12.9%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 1% Iron 16.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet