|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Panch phoron||1 Teaspoon|
|Green chili||3 , chopped|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Sift flour and half tea spoon of salt in a bowl. Add four table spoon of oil and knead well until the mixture becomes like coarse bread crumb. Add water about half cup - add little at a time and knead till the dough becomes stiff ball. Make sure not to add too much water.
2. Remove the dough onto a clean work place or a chopping board and knead for about 8 to 10 minutes till the dough becomes soft and smooth. Cover and set aside.
3. Make the stuffing : --- Peel skin from potato and cut into 1/4 inch dice. --- Wash cauliflower and remove the flowers and cut into small pieces. --- Mix turmeric powder and salt into cauliflower and potato pieces. -- Grate ginger and chop green chilies. --- Heat 4 table spoon oil. Add panch-phoron, grated ginger and green chilies and fry till splutters. Add the potatoes and cauliflower and continue frying with stirring occasionally till well cooked and done.
4. Divide the dough into eight portion and shape into balls. Take each ball, brush oil and flatten by pressing a little and then roll into a round thin circle of about 8 inches diameter. Cut with a knife along the middle and pick up one half . Fold into a cone making 1/4 inch overlapping seam, brush few drops of water into the seam with finger and glue the seam. Fill up the cone with the stuffing. Close the top of the cone again keep about 1/4 inch overlapping. Brush water with finger and press the top seam and flute with your fingers. Repeat with the rest dough, will make 16 samosas.
5. Heat oil in a shallow deep bottom pan to very high. Add samosas one by one about three at a time. Reduce heat and deep fry turning over a few times till golden brown and crisp - will take about 8 to 10 minutes.
6. Drain on paper towel and serve.
7. Note :-For filling you can also use potato and green peas cooked in the same way.
Calories 1386 Calories from Fat 846
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 96 g147.5%
Saturated Fat 13.7 g68.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.06 mg0.02%
Sodium 228.3 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 122 g40.7%
Dietary Fiber 13.8 g55.1%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 17 g34.8%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 243.5%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 23.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet