|Lamb/Goat meat||1 Pound|
|Basmati rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Coriander seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Black cumin||2 Teaspoon (Shahi Jeera)|
|Hard boiled egg||3 , sliced|
1. NOTE: The ingredient lists consists of both the Yakhni and Rice. For the YAKHNI part the ingredients are from Mutton to Water. For the RICE part the ingredients are from Rice to salt.
2. FOR YAKHNI: Wash mutton. Cut into medium pieces.
3. Peel and quart onion. Cut chilies into big slices. Put all the ingredients from onion to salt (before rice) in a muslin bag.
4. In a saucepan, place mutton, the muslin bag, and water and slowly bring to a boil. Simmer gently till the mutton is almost done. Remove bag.
5. FOR RICE: Wash and drain rice. Grind garlic and ginger to a fine paste.
6. Heat the ghee. Fry the onion to rich brown and remove half for garnishing. Add the ground paste and all the dry spices. Fry for 2 or 3 minutes.
7. Add mutton from Yakhni and curd, fry till brown. Add rice, salt and fry for 5 minutes.
8. Add Yakhni (2 cups, use water if less yakhni) to soften rice. When rice is cooked, steam for about 5 minutes. Make sure not to over boil the rice. Keep on sampling the rice from time to time.
9. Garnish with browned onions and sliced eggs.