|Lamb/Goat meat||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Cinnamon piece||1 Inch|
|Ginger||1 1⁄2 Inch|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm)|
|Chopped onion||2 Medium|
|Black cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||2 Tablespoon (Hot)|
|Sliced blanched almonds||20|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Clean and wash meat and cut into 1 inch pieces.
2. Grind ginger, garlic and cumin seeds into a fine paste.
3. Grind cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and pepper corns to a coarse powder.
4. Heat, crush and soak saffron in 2 table spoon hot milk.
5. Mix together yogurt, red chili powder, sugar and the paste from Step 2 and smear on meat pieces.
6. Heat ghee and oil and fry onion chopped finely to light brown. Add powdered spices and cook for 1/2 minute. Add marinated meat and cook on slow fire with occasional stirring till meat is tender and oil starts separating. Add 1 cup hot water and cook till the meat becomes tender and the gravy thickens.
7. Add saffron, almonds and cream. Mix well and cook covered for about 5 minutes.