|Paneer||1⁄2 Pound, cut into small cubes (Cottage Cheese)|
|Potato||2 Small, cut into cubes|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely sliced|
|Coriander seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato puree||2 Teaspoon|
|Cooking oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garam masala powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Pinch|
1. Mix the potato with salt and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder. Heat 1/2 of the oil and deep fry till the potato turns golden brown. Remove and keep aside. Do the exactly same steps for the paneer. (Use the same oil)
2. Make a paste of Ginger, Coriander seeds, Cumin Seeds and green chili in a mixer. Extract the juice and keep it aside.
3. Heat the rest of the oil. Add the Bay Leafs, and pinch of Jeera seeds. When starts spluttering add the sliced onion. Fry till golden brown.
4. Add the juice from step 2. Add the rest of turmeric powder. Fry for 2 min. Add the tomato puree. Fry in medium heat till oil leaves the side of the pan. (Add little water if required)
5. Add the garam masala powder, fried potato and fried paneer. Mix with spices and fry for 5 min.
6. Add water, salt and sugar. Bring it to boil. Reduce to medium heat and simmer till the potatoes are properly cooked. Serve with rice.
Calories 425 Calories from Fat 298
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g25.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.7 mg1.9%
Sodium 311.6 mg13%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.8%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 9 g18.9%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 81.7%
Calcium 10% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet