|Yellow split peas||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Toor/Arahar Dal)|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Green chili||5 , sliced|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Finely chopped garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Tomato||2 Medium, finely chopped|
|Chopped cilantro||2 Tablespoon|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
1. Wash the dal. In a pressure cooker take four cups of water and add the dal and one tea spoon turmeric powder, one tea spoon salt.
2. Bring to boil and when stars steaming, reduce heat and cook for three minutes.
3. Cool and mash the dal with a large spoon.
4. Add, coriander powder, green chilies, sugar and remaining water. Bring to boil ,reduce heat and simmer for six to seven minutes.
5. Heat oil and ghee in a non-stick pan for one minute. Add chopped onion and garlic and fry till light brown. Add chopped tomato and cilantro and continue frying for two minutes. Add a pinch of hing and cook for a few seconds and remove from heat. Add red chili powder and dal immediately..
6. Serve hot with roti or steamed rice.