|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pesta||5 , chopped|
|Crushed cardamom seeds||2|
1. Dissolve lemon juice (or 1/2 teaspoon citric acid) in half cup of warm water.
2. Bring milk to boil, reduce heat and pour the acidic water all over it. Milk will curdle, stir till milk is fully curdled.
3. Pour the curdled milk over a muslin cloth. Drain out water completely. Squeeze to remove any excess water and hang the whey for about 25 minutes.
4. Empty the whey on a large plate and knead thoroughly for about 30 minutes.
5. Heat a non stick pan in medium heat and add the paneer and sugar. Stir continuously pressing with a heavy spoon for about 6 to 8 minutes.
6. Pour in a large plate, cool and mix till smooth. Take a small amount of paneer mixture and either with the help of hand or a mould make sandesh of desired shape.
7. Sprinkle crushed pesta and cardamom over each sandesh, cool and serve.
Calories 160 Calories from Fat 60
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.6%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.5 mg4.2%
Sodium 50.3 mg2.1%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.2%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 19.5 g
Protein 5 g10.8%
Vitamin A 3.3% Vitamin C 9.9%
Calcium 15.3% Iron 2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet