|Ghee/Cooking oil||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cardamom||2 (Use Inner Seeds Only)|
1. With the maida (flour) and sufficient cold water, make a batter. The consistency should be similar to that of thick cream. Let it stand it in a warm place for 24 hours to ferment.
2. When ready, use a deep pan and bring to boil ghee or any other cooking oil. Fill an ordinary small funnel (plugging the bottom spout with your finger) with the batter. Hold the filled funnel over the oil and remove your finger to let the batter run into continuous streams to form double circles or figure eights. (May require a little practice)
3. Make about six to eight jallebies depending on the size of your pan. Allow them to set, and turn them.
4. When quite crisp and of a pale biscuit color, separate Jallebies and put them in flavored syrup. After two or three minutes take the Jallebies out of the syrup and drain.
5. To make the Syrup -- Boil water. Add sugar, saffron and cardamom seeds and boil til syrup turns thick. Keep syrup warm.
Calories 1708 Calories from Fat 853
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 97 g149.3%
Saturated Fat 60 g299.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 261.4 mg87.1%
Sodium 2.2 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 209 g69.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 151.3 g
Protein 8 g15.7%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.62%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 20%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet