Malabar Prawn Biryani
|Cooking oil||200 Milliliter|
|Coriander powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Biryani masala||To Taste|
|Green chilies||50 Gram|
|Prawn masala||To Taste|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
1. Make the masala for the prawns. Mince the garlic and ginger. (You can also use ginger garlic paste). Mix this with Turmeric salt and chili powder.
2. Clean the prawns and mix the masala and prawns.
3. Once the prawn is well coated with the prawn masala, fry it lightly in oil and keep aside.
4. Saute half of the onions(sliced)and then add coriander powder. Add 1/2 cup of water and salt to taste. Cook till most of the water evaporates and the mixture attains a thicker consistency.
5. Add the fried prawns, garam masala, lemon juice, coriander leaves and salt(if required). Once the prawns are well cooked, remove the prawn gravy from the flame.
6. Heat ghee in a vessel and saute the rest of the onions.
7. Add the washed and strained rice and fry. Don't brown the rice.
8. Add boiling water to the rice(1 to 2 cups). Heat in low flame till rice is cooked and the water has evaporated.
9. Layer the rice and prawn gravy alternately into a deep vessel. Bake at high flame for a maximum of 10 min.