Curried Butterbean Salad
|Butter bean||350 Gram, soaked overnight (Around 12 ounce)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Onions||2 , peeled and finely chopped|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Plain yogurt||150 Milliliter (Around 0.25 Pint Of Unsweetened Variety)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Lettuce||1⁄2 , washed|
|Rosemary sprig||1 , garnish (If Available For Garnishing)|
1. Drain the butterbeans from their soaking water, put in a large pan, cover with fresh water and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 1 hour, or until tender but not broken. Drain.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan, add the onions and cook gently for 8 minutes, covering the pan. Add the curry powder and cook for a further 2 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, mix the yogurt with the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
4. Add this to the onion mixture, then stir in the butterbeans.
5. To serve, arrange a bed of lettuce on a serving plate, if using, spoon the butterbeans on top and garnish with a sprig of rosemary.