|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Maida)|
|Yogurt||2 Teaspoon (Dahi)|
|Ghee/Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Syrup)|
1. Take 2 tspn of lukewarm water and Dilute Yeast for few seconds.
2. Now add All purpose flour, Yogurt and add water to it. Make a beater(its okay if it is not smooth...it can b lumpy). Leave it for about 45min.
3. Meanwhile make sugar syrup. Take sugar in a pan and add enough water that it covers the sugar properly(Approx.1cup).
4. Boil this mixture on medium to low heat for about 7-10 minuts. Just check it by taking a small amount between ur first finger and thumb, you should be able to see on line of it and than Ur syrup is ready.
5. After 45min u can see aeration in the mixture that we kept aside. Pour this mixture in plastic bottle which u can squeeze easily and which have a small hole to make Jalebis.
6. Heat the ghee in heavy flat pan on medium flame. Now make Jalebi. Fry it from both the side.
7. After frying immediately dip it into the sugar syrup.(Sugar syrup should b warm). And remove it just after few seconds.
8. Ur Jalebis r ready :)
Calories 1174 Calories from Fat 176
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.8%
Saturated Fat 12.2 g60.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.9 mg17.6%
Sodium 3.7 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 248 g82.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g7%
Sugars 200.2 g
Protein 7 g13.4%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.04%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 16.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet