Healthy Spinach Paratha
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chick pea flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shredded garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Shredded ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Fenugreek||1 Bunch (100 gm), cut and blended|
1. Combine all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Try and get rid of any lumps.
2. Add the wet ingredients (water, yogurt, oil) and work the dough until all the liquid is absorbed.
3. Heat a non-stick pan on the stove on medium heat.
4. Make a ball of dough (about half the size of a golf ball) and douse it in some all purpose flour.
5. On a smooth surface, roll the ball of dough to about 8-10 cm in diameter using a rolling pin. Roll with a very light hand and douse the paratha in flour when needed to avoid sticking.
6. Place the paratha on the pan and lightly cook one side. After about 15 seconds flip it over and cook the other side. After another 10-15 seconds flip it over again. Lightly brush this side with oil. Flip it over again and with a spatula, press down on the paratha, allowing it to cook and absorb the oil. Flip over and continue this.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for the remainder of the dough.
Note: You need not finish all the dough at once. You can store it in the fridge for a couple days.
Calories 274 Calories from Fat 66
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.6%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.65 mg0.22%
Sodium 345.2 mg14.4%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41.3%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 11 g22.5%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 3.6%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 43.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet