Chole is a North Indian chick pea dish. Like most Indian curries you can adjust the spice so that the dish is spicy or mild depending on your taste. This recipe will make the Chole on the milder side.
1 Can (10 oz), soaked
2 Medium, diced
1 Medium, diced
3 Clove (15 gm), diced
1⁄2 Teaspoon, paste
Red chili powder
1⁄4 Teaspoon, powdered
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1) Soak Chickpeas overnight
2) In a pressure cooker heat oil put cumin seeds, add a pinch of asafetida and turmeric powder.
3) Put the onions and sauté until they have turned golden brown, after that add garlic.
4) Sauté tomatoes till it become tender. Add tomato paste and mix well.
5) Add in chickpeas and all the spices.
8) Pour water, Close the lid of the cooker and cook it on low heat.
9) Garnish your chole with chopped cilantro or coriander leaves.
If you are game for some spicy Indian dish for dinner tonight, then chole is what you need? Dipali Kapadia tells you how you can whomp up this yummy chickpea curry at home using simplest of ingredients. If you aren't too fond of eating spicy food, you can always adjust the spices depending on your taste buds.
Indian Chole Recipe Video, North Indian Chickpea Dish