|Cinnamon stick||1 Inch|
|Long grain rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), soaked and drained|
|Water||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|For the vegetable gravy|
|Boiled mixed vegetables||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cubed (arrots , peas , cauliflower , french beans , potatoes)|
|Paneer||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cubed|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped onions||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ginger green chilli paste||2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Curd||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped coriander||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Saffron colour||4 Drop|
1. In a deep pan, boil water, add bay leaf, cinnamon stick, clove and cardamom. Add rice and salt, cover and cook for about 10 minutes. When the rice is 90 percent cooked, drain off the excess water. Allow to cool.
2. In a pan heat oil, add cumin, when the seeds crackle add onion and saute until translucent. Add ginger green chili paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chili powder and garam masala, saute on a medium flame for a few seconds.
3. Add in the tomatoes and water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes. Add the mixed vegetables, paneer, salt and milk, cook for a couple of minutes. Add sugar and cook for another 1 minute.
4. In a mixing bowl, take curd, add coriander leaves and saffron color, mix well. Add this mixture to the cooked rice and mix.
5. In a handi, place 1/2 of the rice and spread evenly. Now pour in the prepared gravy and level it, top with the remaining rice and level again. Drizzle with ghee. Cook covered for 25 to 30 minutes.
6. Serve hot with raita.