Indian Style Curried Turkey
|Yams||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Fat free chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Turkey breast||1 Pound|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground thyme||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Fruit juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Sweetened apricot preserves||2 Tablespoon|
|Raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Diced dried apricots||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Frozen green peas||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Steam yams for approximately 15 minutes and set aside.
2. In large skillet, combine onion, celery and garlic with 2 tablespoons chicken broth.
3. Saute, stirring frequently, 3-5 minutes, until onions begin to color and liquid evaporates.
4. Add turkey and stir-fry for 5 minutes longer or until turkey is no longer pink.
5. In a medium bowl mix seasonings, lemon juice, yams, apricot preserves, raisins, apricots and remaining broth.
6. Add to skillet and bring to simmer.
7. Cover and reduce heat to low.
8. Cook for 35 minutes.
9. Stir in peas.
10. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or longer before serving.