Kerala Style Fish Curry
|Sea fish||1 Kilogram|
|Small red onion||2|
|Garlic ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||12 Cup (192 tbs)|
|Coconut oil/Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. Go to the market and buy 1 kg of sea fish for a decent 2 time serving for a family of 5.
2. It wil be good to buy average size sea fish and one which are quite commonly available. Ensure it is cut and cleaned properly. Please do redo the whole cleaning exercise very thouroughly once you get the fish home.
3. Sprinkle lemon into the cleaned and fresh fish and rinse the fish properly. I think one medium size lemon is enough for a kg of fish.
4. Now take the clay vessel clean it properly and put it for a 20 second heat. Once the clay port is hot and dry put 2 table spoon coconut oil to the vessel (You can out any form of cooking oil into it).
5. In the meanwhile take 2 onions, 3 medium size green chillies, 2 dry red chilli, 1 whole dry white small onion (lasun), a portion of ginger and cut them into small pieces. Put these cut pieces intot he hot clay vessel. Stir it.
6. Take 1 tea spoon ginger garlic paste, a little bit of salt(1 teaspoon), red chilli powder(1 teaspoon), a little bit of haldi (1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder)- Put all this mixture into the hot clay vessel. Also add curry leaves to this mixture.
7. Grind a little bit of coconut (may be 1/2 cococunut grind) and put the cocunut grind to the combination in the vessel.
8. Mix the above point no. 5, 6 and 7 ingredients in the clay port till the mixture turns a little brownish. (Approximate time for this will be about 3 to 5 minutes).
9. Pour 1 glass full of water to the above mixture in the hot clay vessel. Stir this combination for a minute. Put the cleanly cut fresh fish pieces into this combination in the clay vessel.
10. Let this combination cook for the next 15 to 18 minutes. You will definetly get a aromatic flavour and you also may judge the preparation by testing the fish pieces once a while.