Vegetables in Tomato Gravy
|Tomatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs), roughly chopped|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|French beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Cluster beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Drumsticks||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into 2 inch pieces|
|Potato||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cubed|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Gram flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green chili||2 , slit lengthwise|
|Ginger green chili paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Lady finger||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), cut into 2 inch pieces|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Garam masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
1. In a frying pan, add tomatoes along with water (2 cup), cook until the tomatoes are tender. Allow to cool. Once cold, puree in a mixer.
2. In another pan boil water (2 cup). Once the water starts boiling, add french beans, cluster beans and drumsticks, cook over high flame for 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Add potatoes, cook for another few minutes until potatoes are tender.
4. In a wok, heat oil, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fry until crackling. Add asafoetida, wait for few seconds. Add gram flour and cook for a while, add curry leaves, cook for few seconds.
5. Add in the tomato gravy and the cooked vegetables, cook stirring for 5 to 7 minutes. Add salt, green chili, ginger green chili paste and lady finger, allow to cook for few minutes. Add sugar and garam masala.
6. Serve with rice or paratha.
Calories 158 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 0.75 g3.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 124.1 mg5.2%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 8 g15.1%
Vitamin A 23.8% Vitamin C 54%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet