Potato Koftas in Makhani Gravy by Tarla Dalal
|Boiled mashed potatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped green chilies||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated processed cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|For onion paste|
|Roughly chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||3 (2-3)|
|Chopped ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry fenugreek leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato pulp||2 Cup (32 tbs) (fresh)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
For Onion Paste:
1. In mixer, ground onion, cashew, garlic, and ginger using little water until smooth.
2. In a skillet, heat oil and fry the onion paste over medium flame for 1-2 minutes.
3. Stir in chili powder, garam masala and dry fenugreek leaves. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the tomato pulp and season with salt. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Pour milk, fresh cream and honey. Stir occasionally and cook on low flame for 10 minutes.
6. Add sugar, mix well and cook for 1 minute. Set aside.
7. In a bowl, mash the potato until smooth and season with salt.
8. Add milk, corn flour, green chili, and cheese. Mix well.
9. Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into a round and then flatten them lightly.
10. In a skillet, heat oil and deep-fry the potato balls, a few at a time until golden brown in color. Drain on paper towel and keep aside.
11. Just before serving, reheat the gravy, add the koftas, mix gently and cook over medium for 1 minute.
12. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Calories 448 Calories from Fat 191
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.4%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.9 mg5%
Sodium 892.8 mg37.2%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.4%
Sugars 14.6 g
Protein 11 g21.4%
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 41.6%
Calcium 18.7% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet