|Taro root||250 Gram, peeled and washed|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Tomato||2 Medium, chopped|
|Red chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In the mixer, add onions and tomatoes, and blend them in to a fine paste.
2. In the cooker, add peeled whole arbi and 1.5 cup of water and pressure cook on high heat until you hear one whistle of pressure release. Thereafter, simmer and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
3. In the mean time while steam of the cooker escapes, add oil to the kadai (wok) and when hot, pour in tomato onion paste. Cook the masala for 5 minutes on high flame, and then simmer and cook for 10 minutes while stirring continuously.
4. Add spices and seasonings and mix well.
5. Open the lid of the cooker, and take out arbi from it and add to the masala in the kadai. Add half cup of water and cook the masala arbi on high heat for five minutes. Thereafter simmer, and cook covered for another five minutes.
6. Turn off the stove.
7. Serve the masala arbi with roti and curd.