Aloo Sabudana Tikki
|Potato||6 Large, boiled and peeled|
|Sago||150 Gram, soaked in water for 2 hours (sabudana)|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Liter (For deep frying)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
1. Cut the peeled boiled potatoes into pieces; add soaked sabudana (sago) to it. Add in the salt and red chili powder, and mash all the ingredients together with the help of your hand.
2. Now take a portion of the potato-sago mash, and make it in a form of a ball and slightly flatten it with the help of your hands. Repeat the same procedure with the entire potato-sago mash.
3. In the kadai (wok) add oil, and when hot place, 2-3 tikkis at one time. Make sure to be very careful while placing tikkis in the kadai in hot oil, so that the oil does not spill over.
4. Flip over the tikkis frequently and cook both sides until slightly brown. Thereafter, take out the tikkis with the help of a slotted ladle and toast them slightly on a greased non stick skillet to make them crispy.
5. Repeat the same procedure with all the tikkis.
6. When done, turn off stove.
7. Serve the tikkis with green mint chutney or tomato ketchup during snack time.
Non stick skillet