|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Semolina||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carrom seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Clarified butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (or as required to make a stiff dough)|
|For deep friying|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
1. In a large bowl, mix the carom seeds, salt, semolina and flour together and rub the clarified butter in lightly so that the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Knead into a stiff dough with cold water. Cover dough and set to rest in a cool place for at least 15 minutes.
3. Roll out the dough into a 1/4 or 1/8 cm in thick sheet.
4. Prick with a fork all over the surface. Cut into narrow strips of desired size.
5. In a skillet, heat the oil till a piece of dough dropped in, rises to the top at once. Then, put in as many strips as will fit in comfortably. Turn once, and lower heat to medium. Fry till light brown on both sides. Lift out and place on absorbent paper. Fry the rest similarly, increasing heat before adding a fresh lot.
6. Cool and store in an airtight container.
7. Serve namak pare with tea or coffee.